Thursday, November 15, 2007

The cobwebs of my mind need dusting. Meanwhile I came across this old interview of Kramnik after his WC match with Leko. There is enough traffic in chess sites with armchair amateurs easily trashing Kramnik's style. In fact, enough to re-position opinions in our minds. However, I like the way Kramnik dealt with exactly this in this interview, and I have grown to appreciate his perspective. There is no mincing words here. I think this is a man that knows his mind.

http://www.kramnik.com/eng/interviews/getinterview.aspx?id=50

4 comments:

what_did_i_do said...

I dont like Kramnik's way. Boring sedative chess. Morozevich, Anand Topolov thats where chess is. Sorry to be so direct

what_did_i_do said...

I am coming to SF in Dec, if you are around we should meet up for a game of chess. You seem to like it the way I do. You are from IITM right? We met last year in Buddha bar if I get you right. You were with Daniela

Unawoken said...

Hello. Yeah, liking/disliking a style is a matter of preference. But there is something to be said for a defence style. It is only possible for Kramnik to be ultra defensive with black because of his strong positional play with white. But what I like about him is that he plays for himself and is not hypocritcal when he says he doesn't play to the masses.

I am going to be out of town myself, maybe another time then.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.