Tuesday, September 16, 2008

(I attempt at haiku)

I pause from pithy
prose and my dry doggerel
to write bad haiku
--------

Ages pass it seems
until the one asks you how
you have felt lately
---------

A jaundiced moon beamed
down on old 101
and she rode with me
----------

I watched her recede
and walk away out of sight
the sun was way harsh
-----------

Mid happy chatter
I rise for a quick breath
of isolation
-----------

Thought that burns right through
the fabric of a subject
like a cigarette

7 comments:

Tiny Seal said...

ha, jaundiced indeed it was last night! Cute and playful haiku.

The last one is the best.

Anonymous said...

The prolific
blogger takes a
pregnant pause.

Anonymous said...

so natural at it
he needs not try hard
it comes from within

Unawoken said...

Thanks all.
I was going for the 5-7-5 syllable rule, which I understand from some more look-up, is not necessary.

Anonymous said...

"Thought that burns right through
the fabric of a subject
like a cigarette"

"Ashes of a mind
lay scattered
by uncertainty"

rendezvous said...

so much said in such easy manner! left me half way...was that the intention?

Unawoken said...

yes :)